June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to our Scotty and to my wonderful dad! We spent a fun weekend with my mom and dad. It was a nice break for my mom who has been caring for my grandmother full-time recently. Scotty got a "surprise" Green Egg for his dad's day so we've done lots of cooking/eating over the holiday weekend. My birthday week was a lot of fun as well. We had some fun friends over the day of and Scotty brought home pizza and an ice cream cake which couldn't make me happier! I got some yummy smelling perfume too. Excuse me eu deu toillette! Whatever it is or wherever it came from, delicious fragrance.

Scott cooked up some burgers Friday night and we had the neighborhood over for the official taste testing. They were so yummy but it was the avocado and bleu cheese that I had been waiting for. Saturday he smoked ribs all day. I think I'm at a meat overload. Feeling like we've been at the Fogo de Chao. I have now turned my card to STOP!

We have a big week ahead. Lillee has cheerleading camp and Baxter will be at a fun camp to play some tennis and swim. They should be tired enough to come home, veg out and watch a movie before bath and bed!

We've had a great weekend with two very special men. They are so giving and loving and deserve showers of kisses from all of us! We love you Poppy and Scott.

In other news I've been trying to shed a few lbs. before this cruise in July. I've been somewhat successful even though this weekend has been a food fest. I found this picture in our files and thought maybe I need braces again. Did they restrict my food intake? Obviously!I think we look a lot like Michelle and Barack Obama even though I'm reading this book!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! We are cruising in July. Where and when are y'all going?
Maggie