February 3, 2011

Groundhog's Day and an update

It's been awhile...and I hear the groundhog did not see his shadow which means an early spring, right???? WRONG!!! We had lots of icy rain hitting the window today and sleet tonight. Ugh...I'm so tired of this cold weather. Thankfully this past weekend was warm and the kittens spent the whole day outside! I made cupcakes thanks to this blog and sent them to school. I'm guessing I can't tell you how crazy the kids have been if I had the time to cut each of these little devils out! 47 to be exact!
We enjoyed a nice picnic Saturday after Lillee's basketball game.
Monday when the kids went back to school Ben did a little potty training and celebrated Dental Health Month!
Monday night was a girl's night for our Bible study. We are reading The Sabbath and it is terrific. I started reading this book in October and one girl summed it up right on Monday when someone asked how it had changed our life??? Now we are aware of the things we are not doing enough of!!! It has some great points about resting, keeping a rhythm, finding true happiness and contentment. We should always remember that the sabbath is a commandment to obey.
Sabbath: Finding Rest, Renewal, and Delight in Our Busy Lives

Then we had this sweet guy come over and sell us some Cutco knives!!! It was quite the demonstration! Scott ended up with a HUGE block of scary kitchen tools.
Then I decided to go all Martha and cook FOUR casseroles. I didn't really have anyone in mind when I was making them but then it just so happens that one girl went into early labor, another friend has a nephew with leukemia so I thought that family could use some extra nourishment and another to a teacher, the ultimate servers!!!
Last weekend we drove up to Atlanta to see our dear friend. Poor thing her oven went out so we ended fixing pb&js. The kids were happy just hanging out!
I did a lot of entertaining with my dear friend Barney....
which made this precious angel love me more!!!
Meanwhile, these three occupied themselves in front of Spiderman. It was a fun time with great friends.

4 comments:

FAMILY OF FIVE said...

And the casserole was delicious...

Kerri said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Your cupcakes are adorable!! 47 sure is a BIG class!

I could use a picnic outside right about now...we're ready for this snow of ours to melt!

Jess said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! Wow...that's a lot of cupcakes! You are a wonderful mom, I can tell!

J

Unknown said...

thank you so much for your comment! i appreciate that! and i want some of those casseroles...;)