June 29, 2011

Where has the summer gone?

This summer is flying by. We've been really busy doing nothing at all! Scott made the drive to Metter to meet my parents and pick up the kiddos. Ben and I stayed here and went to The Tidal Wave. Great entertainment for almost 2 year olds! Once we were all reunited Scott suggested we all go see Cars 2. Lillee and I were not so impressed! The boys loved it.

We've been hanging out, thinking about packing for camp, swimming, eating at Subway and looking for lightening and cicada bugs. We've also been doing quite a lot of sleeping. The kids obviously needed some time apart in order to get their beauty rest. Ben took two and three hour naps during the day when Baxter and Lillee were gone. My dad said he and Bax got some great chair/nap time too!
We've been eating lots of butterbeans, squash, peaches, blackberries, tons of blueberries, raspberries and watermelon. I ordered some things from CSA Bluebird. Everything I got from them was delicious. I attempted blackberry preserves. They're yummy if you pour them over your out-of-the-oven sourdough bread but not quite firm enough for a sammich. The attempt at peach cobbler was much better, especially the second day. I have a handful of peaches left on the counter and sitting next to it is the July edition of Southern Living. There are great peach recipes in there. Seeing this pairing on the counter makes me happy!

Yet another project is underway. We are trying to get Bax out of our bed. I know, I know that we should've never started the pattern. However, we are going to attempt to get a grip on it now! Sunday night was his first night and we caved and said he could sleep with Lillee (a transition of sorts.) She made him pay her $2 to sleep with her and it looked like a restless night. Monday night Scott read him a story and put him in his bed to sleep. All was great until the next morning when I woke up with him snuggled close to me. When I ask him why he came and got in bed with us he told me he thought he may have a bad dream. Key word: MAY Tuesday night Scott was so tired and had to get up early the next morning that he slept in Lillee's bed so I ended up with Bax, Lillee and Piper in bed with me. We'll keep working!

Lillee and I are starting to work on our list for camp. She goes in three weeks but we attempted a shopping trip together and found some shorts and such. Anyone who knows me will tell you I don't enjoy going out shopping. Shopping for this family usually means huddling around the computer or kids flagging pages in a magazine so I can place the order at 6 a.m. However, having a girl kind of means mother/daughter shopping trips. I emphasize trips and not vacations. Two totally separate words! A friend of mine from Jesup and her mother would go shopping every Saturday morning. I always thought that was a neat tradition so maybe Lillee and I will one day be seen perusing shops together? Maybe?? Now I would still prefer the clicking of the mouse and email tracking updates. We did go to a shoe store for some much needed tennis shoes for her. The clerk brought out a 1.5 which was way too small. After measuring her foot we learned she's a 3.5! I am in disbelief she is getting this big.

My friend and I were talking yesterday about another "friend" of mine. This "friend" is not someone I know but someone I stalk in blogland. Anyway, she has decided to document what she does each day. That may sound mundane to some, but to me it reassures me that what I'm doing is semi-normal! I enjoy reading it and seeing how our lives are somewhat parallel. Pondering in the future but preparing myself to see the feed/traffic SLOW down during those posts. A sweet friend of mine gave me this book for my birthday. It is such a great journal of thoughts to look back each year. I'm really enjoying writing in it each night and recapping the days events. When I think we're not too busy, I am surprised when I look at all of the things we've done.

No comments: