September 9, 2011

Lillee's Baptism 8-28-11

This past summer Lillee Grace began talking to us about being baptized. We started asking her questions and mentioned talking with our pastor at church. There was an announcement that our church would be having a baptism at the Flynt River. I knew that if our family was going I'd better mention to Lillee before getting down there. When I told her about the opportunity she immediately said that she wanted to do it. Baxter told her that he'd never want to do that in his lifetime. Her response was, "Baxter, you're going to have to do this sometime in your life if you want to show people that you're a Christian and you have Jesus in your heart." I knew after that sweet statement to her brother that she was indeed mature enough and ready to make this commitment.
I called our pastor to talk with him about seeing Lillee the week before. He gave us the option of Scott doing the baptism. Wow - talk about tears at 10 a.m. for me. Scott immediately said yes as long as Lillee wanted him to. She was equally as excited about him doing this.
It was such a unique and touching experience. Seeing our firstborn and only daughter being baptized by her father and brother in Christ was absolutely amazing.
We were so fortunate that my parents were here that weekend. Many of our dear friends were there to share with us in such a special time. I can't wait to see the video. I ended up putting my camera down because our sweet friends were there capturing the moment. I was trying to keep it together and take it all in. So very, very moving.
I found these two verses she wrote recently.
Love the Lord your God with all you heart and all your soul and all your strinlth.
Dutromidy 6:5

There for if any one is in crist he is a new cration the old has gone the new has come.
2 creathlins 5:17

1 comment:

Norma said...

Oh My Gosh Jennifer! This is so amazingly wonderful! What a great day for Lillie Grace, Scott, you and the entire family! What an honor to be baptized by your dad and set an example for her younger brothers. Definitely a moment that will be remembered by all for a lifetime! Lillie Grace is such a sweet, beautiful and mature young lady! I am proud to have been her 'Mama Gardner' for a time!