February 28, 2012

#8 for Lillee

#8
Girls turn 6!
Lillee turns 7!
Lillee and I went on a girls trip the weekend before her birthday. Our sweet friends made her a Rice Krispie cake and had balloons waiting. She was absolutely elated! She was overwhelmed to be with such amazing girls that love her so very much. The highlight of her winter break was kayaking! These young ladies are a true blessing to my Lills.
These two birthday girls have been friends since they were 2. As a matter of fact, most all of these girls have gone to church preschool together, Pre-K and several have been fortunate to be in the same class in K-2 together. It's a special bond they share. They really do care about each other. It is incredible to watch them grow and mature and fight and figure out this big world as we all navigate through it. Lillee invited our new neighbors across the street to come. It made my heart swell that she wanted to include new friends into their group. The little one ended up not staying all night but Katelin definitely welcomed the oldest with open arms. These are the times and memories that will be with them forever. I'm so proud that I get to guide Lillee on this journey and I know beyond a doubt that I'll make mistakes and she'll make mistakes but at the end of the day I know that we're both being led by an almighty God that loves us and hears our prayers.

It is so different raising Lillee than it is the two boys. She's the oldest, the leader, the independent girl. I'm really trying to give more space and more grace and more chances to make her own decisions while still guiding her and not hovering. It's tough not to hover. I want to hover. I want my helicopter blades to be shiny and clean! However, I want to instill in her that I trust her, love her and will be here for her absolutely no matter what.
ephesians 3.14-19
When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong.
And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

No comments: