January 1, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! (oops, Thanksgiving too)

Well, it's been awhile. I was a little disheartened about blogging after Scott did his little guest blog from that wedding. After what I thought was a semi-decent blog from the mountains, I had several comments that Scott should definitely be a ghost writer more often. As a matter of fact, one person said,"Your blog is like Look at My Kids..." And he said, "Dot, Dot, Dot!"
It's been a great year for us. Baxter has been sick for about the last month but overall everyone has been healthy and happy. We have been extremely blessed.
Not really sure about a resolution for this year. I'm kind of going with the trend of a one-word deal. Just not sure of that word though - SIMPLISTIC? REST? GIVE? ENCOURAGE? These are all some I am pondering. I have resolved to either scrapbooking (must get back to that anyway) or blogging weekly. Oh and the whole 25 lb. weight loss. Ok, 10, maybe just 5 for now?
Kids and Santa - Baxter was still really sick.
Baxter's new horse we found at the post-Christmas sale at Eckerds!

The plethora of ridiculous plastic toys from Santa! The tackier the better!


Lillee Grace, Baxter, Gray and Caroline (Ms. Sandra and Dennis, too) tracking Santa at www.northpole.com. This was Christmas Eve after the church service. I believe at this time he was still making the rounds in Brazil! However, there were definitely reports of bells on our roof approx. 1 1/2 hours after this sighting so it must have been a super fast sled!

Lillee Grace - definitely a 1st for her this year - not scared at all. Lucky for us, her list stayed mostly the same with each Santa (Hello Kitty necklace, Little Mermaid Dora??? and a guitar)

Result of my parents babysitting while Christmas decorations are still being erected.


Since my dad would not be here with us for Christmas he let the kids open presents from he and my mom. Go figure. Bax was just thrilled with his Black and Decker tool bench!

Pre-Daily Report party in Atlanta. What a fun party and we had the best babysitter of them all! Thanks Bethany! (oh, Amy too!)


Thanksgiving Weekend. Scott and I took Lillee Grace to the movies while Bax and my dad did some fishing.

2 comments:

Amy and Matt Certain said...

Ok, love that you finally blogged. 'Bout time.
Matt & I, together, just read your entry. All I can say is Misses Makinty's grammar class taught us nothing.

When in doubt, leave it out.
Or as Matt likes to say, When in doubt, whip it out.

So, LOVE the photos. Please make it your New Year's Resolution to start blogging more.
Now that I can drive I'm coming to the Griff so I can get caught up in all of the drama. Living vicariously through you has been great, but it's time I return to the real world.

I pray you and the family have the best year ever! Happy 2008, it's gonna be a good one!! Baby Certain will make an appearance in a few short months!

Boy or Girl??

Love LGK & BSK SO MUCH!

Matt said...

Scott looks great dressed up as Santa.