August 3, 2009

1st Day of Kindergarten

It's hard to believe the summer is gone! Here's our big girl off to school! She really wanted to ride the bus this morning but we negotiated and she's riding it home. I'm not sure she fully realizes how early we would have to be up and functioning for her to be on the cheese wagon by 7:36.
She could not wait to get out the door. We had to wake up our little creature so we could make the Griswald caravan to the school.
He was not thrilled to be awake before 9 a.m. Thumb is sticking up in this picture and all he wanted to do was come home and have a corndog. Nutritious I know. He's really into the pancakes on the stick with sausage in the middle.
She jumped out of the car before I could snap a good picture and slammed the door. We watched her go in and ask someone which way to her class! So growny.
Another nutritious meal but this is what she requested! "Special breakfast" as she calls it. She had no trouble waking up and there were absolutely no arguments about clothes, hair, bows, shoes, teeth.... WOW. Reason #1 for staying at home - ease of morning routine!!!
It was a little bittersweet for me to not be working this a.m. I'll admit it was very strange when we pulled away to be on "that side" of the school. It is very exciting and I know when the baby comes we'll be so busy. For now though, it's a little tough not having a schedule and knowing EXACTLY what I'm doing everyday. Baxter and I will be taking walks looking for sticks, going for picnics, looking for sticks, napping, looking for sticks, washing clothes, looking for sticks... Lillee Grace and I discussed her coming home on the bus. She said it was so fun to come home to her Mary. I explained it will be similar except she couldn't come in and count on 3 Fudge Rounds!!
5 more hours til we see her!!! Look for pics of the bus soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing so quickly, very very sweet

Sandra said...

She had a great first week! I think she's a wonderful Kinder!