September 16, 2010

Duke

Completely Scott's idea. We had actually been discussing a dog for awhile. A little boy needs a dog right? Then I mentioned things like barking, jumping, pooping, pooping, mounds of pooping, dog hair, smells... My list of negatives seemed to outweigh Scott's list of positives. However, he took a liking to our neighbor's dog, Luke and decided that's what we needed!

We would like to introduce you to our newest family member, Duke Key. I like to call him "Dukey" and I think he'll answer to just about anything.

Luke came from a foster family for the humane society. He is an English Pointer and they believe he's about 2 years old. He's already had all of his shots and was neutered a couple of weeks ago. He's very timid and quiet and loves to be petted on his belly. He likes to lie down and roll over when you come up to him. Duke loves the children and even Ben liked touching his fur! We think he was very hungry because he loves Scott's food! He will stay outside only! I did agree that if it gets really cold he can come into the garage.

PICS TO COME...


I'm sure there could have been a better time for us to add something else to our crazy family but I'll bet the timing would have never been perfect so I'm glad Scott decided for us. He really wanted a "man dog" to ride around town. I'm just not seeing this bird dog riding around town in Scott's little black car???

1 comment:

Sarah said...

i bet he'll be sleeping with you in no time :)

Congrats-everyone needs a dog!!

I do think JT should re-make my song, great idea!