October 25, 2010

Rats, Drugs and Savory Sausage

We are having the same pest problem as we had this time last year. However, these rats are being moved around by a tiny infant!! In 2009 he was only 4 weeks old and unable to pull them off the stairs, eat their tails off and throw them in the toilet/trashcan! We're getting in the Halloween spirit but haven't quite found a pumpkin. We're waiting for Scott to go to Atlanta to stop at the farmer's market I suppose? We'll make do with this decor for now.
This week is Red Ribbon Week and Baxter is being introduced to a whole new world. He had lots of questions when I told him he had to wear red to school today. He came home from school and said he was never doing drugs or smoking cigarettes! A later conversation he told me Stephanie gave him crabs! Yes, read that one twice! I looked over at him and he had 2 crab silly bandz to show me. I was doubled over with laughter for quite awhile with that one.
I should've taken a pic of them before school I guess because Lillee never comes home with the same thing she got out of the car with. She left with jeans and a red sweater. She came home with jeans (rolled way too far up) and a denim jacket. Said red sweater at school. I need to keep an inventory! I think his shirt was fitting for the day!
Have I posted lately he's beautiful?
Here's the Savory Sausage Tart. It was ok. All three kids liked it. There was chicken/spinach sausage, Tuscan vegetables, cheese in a pie crust. They paired it with apple sauce and strawberries.

4 comments:

StansberryPhotography said...

funny funny!!! Love the rats and yes baxter ISSS beautiful!

Sarah said...

so funny, because the same rats have invaded our stairs!! I will have to post pics later this week:)

Lindsay Johnson said...

Im justing loving reading your blog, I get cracked up everytime I get on yours, never know what the Keys have in store!!!!!!

FAMILY OF FIVE said...

Wow, the rats made it back for a second year appearance.. Think any will be left for a third year?