March 9, 2011

An Epiphany of Sorts

Be still my heart...
Looking at these pictures makes me so happy. I've been blogging/stalking other bloggers/trying to figure out technology for about 4 years now. Recently, I've been looking back at old pictures and posts and realized I've changed things up in years past. Once, there was lots of writing. Next, some writing with pics mixed in. Now, it seems like there are more pics than text. I really enjoyed going back and reading what was going on in our lives. I have a journal I keep for the kiddos but this is really the faster/easier way to go! Quick - isn't that what we're all striving for these days?

Our family has definitely been going through some changes. We are home a lot more. This is due to restaurants not accepting 18 month old wiggle worms! We are working on Bible verses a lot more than before and it's really neat to see Lillee and Bax remember and recite them so well. Right now we're working on 2 Corinthians 5:17. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation. The old has gone, the new has come! We got a cool book of devotions for children and I love for Lillee to read them to us. I have also been reading some great books myself. The Sabbath and One Thousand Gifts are terrific reads and I believe they may just be the only books you'll need to get through the rest of life! If you can live the way they suggest, it should help you, your marriage, your children. These books pretty much encompass a life worth living, full of grace and a love for Jesus.

This is Ash Wednesday and I've been thinking of something to "give up" and it's been tough. I was thinking about the internet but I find so much encouragement and friendship through these sweet blogs I stalk on the computer. And I have to admit that since we got this Mac I use the computer less so that is not a vice for me. Food? Can't think of anything I overindulge in, especially since I'm trying to shred a good 20+ lbs. Kids? Can't get rid of one of them! Unless they're on an overnight campout! I think for the next 40 days plus Sundays I'll try to focus more on writing and remembering to thank God for his abundant grace in our life right now.

February 20=Lillee March 14=Bax
Can someone tell me how to get re-energized in three weeks!
We just finished all of the 7th birthday celebrations and now it's on to the 5th birthday bash! What can I say about this boy? He is our baby! Well, technically he's the middle child but until Ben can talk to us Baxter is still the tiny infant. Scott and I were just talking about when he was a baby and we would go out at night that we would come home and get him out of his crib to put him in the bed with us! Wow! What were we thinking? And we were surprised when he had his horrific temper tantrums that lasted for HOURS! We were surprised when he would scream, "NOTHING" at the top of his lungs when we ask him a question? He is just a super sweet kid when he wants to be. He is very sensitive and pretty easy to read/understand. His love language comes much easier to the naked eye than Lillee's. It's hard to believe he's five. After Lillee's big birthday production he just said he wanted a Pirates of the Caribbean Black Pearl ship and to go to Leaping Lizards. That's it. Oh, and chocolate cupcakes for school! Wow - what a difference in children.

Here they are camping here with nana and papa. They had a fun time roasting s'mores, playing putt putt, riding bikes, playing on the playgrounds and hanging at the festival!

Nana produced this awesome strawberry cake. Mmmmmm...that woman can cook.
Lots of thank you notes for some very kind friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenn, what a great post! I can't believe Baxter is five today! happy birthday! Can't wait to see the pictures!-Rebecca