May 9, 2011

Our newest addition!

The newest Key member arrived May 4! PIPER is a lab/collie/chow mix. He's so cute and terrific with the kids. They think they've won the lottery. He was in a fenced in yard all day every day and his owner was moving to an apartment and wanted Piper to be able to run and have interaction with others. He's only about 9 months old so he's still playful like in the puppy stage but he's so sweet and gentle with the kids. Ben has decided Piper is a horse! This is a bad pic of him. He was upside down in the chair. Who would have thought I'd have a dog - in the house - on the furniture - in my bed. Well, he wanted to be in my bed but I've convinced him that bunk beds are great so he's sleeping with Baxter. He's definitely gone through an adjustment period. He kept escaping our fence so I finally caught him CLIMBING the gate. Why would I think it would be easy? So, it's official, he's on the shock collar. EEEKKKK. It was a little sad but he seems really smart and has learned his boundaries. We can now just leave him out when we're gone and he'll stay on the front porch. We're so excited to have him and I know we're all going to love him unconditionally! I'll try to get a better pic soon.

No comments: