February 12, 2007

Brace Face and Four Eyes











Scott has been threatening to do another guest blog so I knew I must post something soon. It's been awhile I know, but after the last post about Pilates I had to have my back realigned. Hmmm, since last week a few new developments. It seems as though we wanted to revert back to our preteen zit-faced adolescence. Scott got glasses and I got braces. I say that as I sit and grind my extremely painful teeth. You'd think the Percocet from my c-sections would do the trick? Maybe Ibuprofen 800 mg. every two hours? I can literally feel the teeth moving. I've survived off potato soup and milkshakes since Friday. The combination of my serious case of TMJ and the pictures where I looked like Bucky horse finally did me in. So the lovely staff at Dr. Lindsey's office slapped the metal right on. The extractions come later.


This past weekend was the annual Heart Hustle at Futral Road. I took Lillee Grace and her friend Elizabeth. At the starting line Bo started to chase LG so while I carried Elizabeth, Bo and Lillee Grace ran around the track screaming! I think Sarah got some great pics so check her site for details! After the race we ate breakfast at the annual Kiwanis pancake breakfast. Such the Kennedys to do the small town tour on Sat. a.m. Cute aside: we came home and LG and Biv went to LG's bedroom. Five mins. later I saw them both naked as jaybirds. Five mins. later they were in pj's and nightgowns crawling in the bed. It was priceless. While the house was having it's Sat. pressure washing, we headed to Stockbridge for some much needed pictures. I hadn't had pics. developed since Christmas when I started blogging. We dropped Elizabeth off, came home and all crashed! It was a great Sat. except Scott's way of relaxing was having two bloody marys. Fine right? Not when you wash two *extremely* spicy drinks down with a Godiva chocolate cold coffee drink. Yes, I know, not another Scott story. So then he remembers he may need the power cord for his laptop for his Sunday School lesson. Yes, I said Sunday School. He makes me perform a field sobriety test in the den, then heads up to his office. Four hours later he was home and most importantly, had missed the Bud Shoot Out.


After church on Sunday we drove back up to McDonough to Target. Lillee Grace usually does not do well in restaurants after church. It could have something to do with the amount of doughnuts she has inhaled there. I suggested running in Target and then we could get some ice cream. I told you it's the only thing going in this mouth this past week. Misery. So while we're getting diapers, formula, paper towels, Scott announces he's so hungry he's going to go sit at the snack bar in Target and eat a hot dog. So our trip consisted of Baxter and me meandering around the store while Scott and LG had a feast. It was great to see my husband and daughter having a four star dining experience by eating the hot dogs that had probably been on the rolling heat for hours, maybe days? Had a lingerie shower yesterday afternoon for my dear friend Amy. What a great theme: Margaritas and Matrimony! Our host, Nancy, will have to decorate my next house! WOW! A few people are a little upset that I did not take pictures at the shower for my blog. "We're not blogworthy." I've heard that all day. I wouldn't say that. I would say that because of the risque material and the fact that I've been in a slump on blogging, I just didn't feel like I could do it justice! It was a great party thrown by some great hosts. I still want Paula to have one more glass. I enjoyed using my cool acrylic glasses and silver tray given to me by my pal Amy. Even though they came from Crate and Barrel I still think they're a regift!!!


What a crazy week. Scott, the person who still unlocks his car door with the actual key, leaves them hanging in the door, then wonders where his keys are when trying to crank it, camped out at the Methodist Church this a.m. to ensure our children spots in two classes. Thank God no one called the cops while he sat in his car alone under the portico of a preschool. I have my class Valentines party Wed. Thanks to my super duper room mom, Nancy, it's been extremely stress-free. Love her. LG has her party Wed. and then Friday she has her birthday party at school. So sad I won't be able to attend either party. It is depressing but Scott will be there for her on Friday. I guess that's what happens when you're a working mom? Not a happy camper about it though. We're going to St. Simons on Friday so I'll have the whole week with the whippersnappers. Then we'll be back for the other birthday party. You'd think her little school party would be enough.


If Baxter wasn't mentioned above, it is because he is the most precious creature on earth. Through the chaos and running around, he just hangs in there purring. Last night as we rocked to Red Hot Chili Peppers on the Grammys at 11 p.m., he woke up crying. We put him in bed with us and he just hung out and wollered for awhile. Thirty mins. later, I put him back in the crib. Sweet baby boy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

please shave.

Carrie Beauchamp said...

So, I tried to email you a great picture of your little girl crossing the finish line at the Heart Hustle but our stupid email at school kept kicking it back. I will bring the disc home and email it to you. What is your home email?
Carrie

Amy and Matt Certain said...

happy valentines. sorry about your whereabouts.