February 20, 2007

I'm giving up my husband for Lent




A long car ride back
to Griffin. Lillee and papa looking in the touch tanks!


I smell something fishy!










Driving her new Mustang around the yard and eating breakfast at Sandcastle with Aunt Phyllis and nana.


Happily I was going to sit down and type the greatest post about Lillee Grace's 3rd birthday. I even had the title: Year #3. It was going to be divine. I was going to go into explicit details of our weekend down south, all the visitors that poured into my parent's house as we descended upon Glynn county, Mustang Sally's new car, the yummy Italian meal Scott and I had Sat. night, Baxter learning how to give a five and all of the exciting things we did. If I didn't mention, my dad rode home with us yesterday and will be staying through the weekend. Hence, all the handyman jobs (changing of light bulbs and air filters will be done with his presence!) Oh, and the pics that would have come to you from the Georgia Aquarium today! Wow - Lillee Grace turning three with Depo behind her and my dad holding her up to show her how to touch the shrimp, the horseshoe crabs and the stingrays. Now for the letdown - no pics. Why is that? No camera cable to attach to the computer. Tis the Lenten season...


1 1/2 hours later, he now wants me to let the world wide web know that he's saved the day and found a different way to put pictures on the internet via his little jump drive. It's just his guilty conscience talking because he knows he's lost the cable. Who else in the house loses things? Here are a few pics from our fun weekend down south along with today's pics of the aquarium. I don't know who had more fun: my dad or Lillee Grace. It was a lot of fun. A little crowded unless you've got an IV drip of Prozac going in. Baxter stayed home with Mary while we took the princess for her special day. She showed us how special when she woke up when we pulled in the parking deck with wet pants. Yes, my dad gave her an extra chocolate milk when I left the house this a.m. I just told her not to sit in the stroller for awhile. That if she ran around in the aquarium, her pants would dry quicker! It worked. The saltwater tunnel was the coolest. Four stars. However, I still think her favorite part of the day was the playground tunnel and the gift shop. Of course, my dad obliged her there.

Must begin thinking of other things for Lent since Scott has decided to redeem himself at the 11th hour. Will ponder these things in my heart.

2 comments:

Amy said...

What do you know Scott to the rescue once again. Ha! Ha!

Amy and Matt Certain said...

OMG this is the best blog ever! He so didn't save the day, nor did he redeem himself. It's called a four leaf clover....he got lucky! Love Papa Bob. He has not aged a bit. You're lucky to have him with you this week! Enjoy!