February 6, 2007

Having a BALL in pilates


Nora, our friendly pilates teacher, decided we should have a ball to help us with stretches and exercises. Little did she know the uncoordination of the majority of the class. I looked like the crocodile hunter (RIP) wrestling some type of animal. It was definitely not a calm, peaceful experience for me. My TMJ kicked in and my head still hurts from clenching everything I have to stay on the ball. I don't think it's supposed to be that hard and those Jane Fonda people make it look so easy on TV. You could hear balls deflating and air whooshing out all night long. Don't get me wrong, I'll try it again on Thurs. However, I'm curious if it's considered sacriligious to gyrate in the church? Reflecting on the Lenten season, I can definitely see giving up the ball for over a month. Not a bad idea. No, I did not take the camera into class. If things are difficult, I usually just sit up and text! Gives my phalanges a good work out!

2 comments:

Amy and Matt Certain said...

I am loving that picture!

Sarah said...

Nice!