May 22, 2007

Winding Down











This past weekend was our tiny dancer's recital. After three L O N G hours of rehearsal, we headed off to Relay for Life where Scott and Baxter caught up with us. Saturday was the big recital and Scott's stepdad came to see her. It was the cutest thing. Of course, the anal retentive teacher in me couldn't help but analyze the dancers. The other class which is the same age as LG's was too cute. One child turned around and did her dance backwards while two other girls fought with each other onstage. In the same class, other girls were waving to parents during the performance. Not our little militant class. Yes sir, those girls went onstage, took their places and did the dance routine just as practiced without missing a beat. They were all extremely cute, just very different which leads me to believe teaching styles really do shine through.

When I went to pick LG up after her ballet and tap routines were over, I discovered my little Jon Benet with petunia pink lipstick on. Not that I minded, just amusing. Patsy Ramsey I am not but Lillee Grace had a blast and I assume after she takes her shin guards off from soccer practice this fall, we'll still let her take dance.

Baxter stayed with Mary this past weekend. His favorite words are now "flower","bye-bye","night-night" and "ball." He is getting much better at walking. It is just now taking him to new heights. I mean climbing to new heights. He really likes to climb up in chairs and have a seat. We'll find him all over the house in different chairs, just sitting and taking it all in.

Last week of school. My students are extremely excited and as much as I'm glad school is almost out, it scares me a bit to not have something to do.

1 comment:

vikibozeman said...

Oh my!
Love the pics! Reminds me of when Evie was doing the same thing. I knew those days were numbered when she began insisting that she wore a baseball hat and knee socks with the tu-tu.
I believe we can find you enough to do during your leisurely days off....much of it will include a big red umbrella and someone's back yard!
You are the best!
Happy summer!