May 16, 2007

Father of the Year

Have not posted in awhile due to problems with the site. I'm thinking it may require some Bill Gates type person to intervene with blogger (or my brain). A busy couple of weeks around here. I feel like this is what I'm constantly saying. However, 7 1/2 more days of school. The 1/2 part is because I'm taking this a.m. off to go to "Wheels Day" with Lillee Grace. We've been practicing for the past few weeks on her bike and today is her last day of school. She will officially, as I've heard several times recently, graduate to the 3 year-old class. What a day! I have to say I'm really excited to be out of school and feast at Subway before making it back at 12:00! Another exciting, drama-filled event: her dance recital! What dance recital you ask? The one that is on Saturday that we found out Tuesday she will be performing, I mean standing onstage with her finger in her belly button in. It must have been the two sun-ripened raspberry giftsets that we gave her teachers. She is busting at the mini-mouse costume seams to get into the costume and parade down the sidewalk. She is also promising not to get it dirty and be extra careful in case of "accidents". My mom has suggested hanging it in the top part of the closet along with the new church dresses in case the red Sharpie rears it's ugly head again like it did with the other two destroyed articles of clothing.
Mother's Day was great! I mean awesome. Must get a thesaurus soon. Last Fri. a.m. before leaving for school I did tell the loving husband how much I appreciated the massage he got me (ok, I called and scheduled/then told him) from a place in McDonough. It was to be Friday afternoon. He made me stop the car as I pulled out for school and brought me a small box. It was in fact from the man I speak of so often at the supper table. David Yurman. BEAUTIFUL yellow citron stone, round with diamonds around it and an intertwined band. Very simple yet classy. The caps lock key cannot describe how much I adore it. The fact that he has heard my quiet pleas as I subconciously throw the name out in the middle of mashed potatoes and meatloaf is the best part. It was a complete surprise! Baxter is now walking all over the place (an entirely separate blog).

3 comments:

Amy and Matt Certain said...

Um, hello? Don't I get a shout out for calling him, driving him to Neimans to meet Tina, and then telling him which one to get you?? I feel no love!! :)

I'm glad he stepped up. It was much needed and you deserved it.

Now you have to wait another three years of child rearing to get another gift of that nature. Happy Mothers Day Princess, to a wonderful mom.

Carrie Beauchamp said...

Is it Friday yet????? No not this friday. Next friday. See you tomorrow.

Carrie Beauchamp said...

Hey, let's celebrate Flag Day this year ;)

What do you say?