February 18, 2010

Bike Rider

We always say that a trip to nana and papa's produces new milestones for our children. This trip was no exception. We waited until Saturday to drive down so that we could have some extra time to play in the snow. Sure enough, it was a balmy 50 degrees when we got to their house. LG was able to play outside and LEARN TO RIDE BAXTER'S BIKE! She doesn't mind it being spidey! We were so proud. My dad and I ran up and down the street I'm sure a dozen times. It was well worth it as now we have a big girl with an exciting new hobby. Another great was her Valentine's gift. There are no words nor pictures to describe how much fun we had trying it out. My mom would not even try in front of us. I finally got the hang of it after almost everything I had was pulled and torn and Scott, well let's just say my ribs still hurt from laughing!
Saturday night Scott and I went to dinner at Georgia Sea Grille. It was delicious and a nice chance to have a date. Sunday, my dad and Scott left home at 530 to head to Daytona. Christopher had pit passes for them so they got to tour the motorcoaches, meet David Ragan and catch a glimpse of this fine dude!
Scott worked all day Monday and Tuesday but we did take the kiddos to dinner Monday night at one of our favorites, Bonefish. I have to say that dinner trumped GSG. Sorry to say. You just can't beat some bang bang shrimp.
We really had a good visit. The kids and I got to go to nana's church and enjoy a spaghetti dinner. LGK watched The Parent Trap at least a dozen times! Ben caught up on his sleeping - during the day!
Lillee, we are so proud of you and cannot believe it has been 6 years that we have known you. WOW - you are such a big girl. We are gearing up for a fun "birthday week."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea, LG!!!! Glad you and Scott got some adult time.

Sarah said...

Go Lillee Grace! That is awesome!