February 9, 2010

The Real Key Family

So I've heard a few comments about the blog recently. Well, if I was a fancy blogger, I would be seeing those comments on the blog. However, these people I'm assuming would like to remain nameless so they have only called to express their strong opinions. They are of the belief that I have lost my "mojo" or as another put it "the blog is fake." Now, I have a few thoughts on this...
I think about 78.435% of my brain capacity is gone. I'm not kidding - it is caput finished gone. I have a very difficult time remembering anything. Maybe this is why I am posting pictures and doing a very QUICK rundown when said event happens. I can also tell you that I am probably doing more kiddie posts. Well friends, that would be because that is what I do all %$#^ day.

One friend commented a long time ago, pre-kid for her that my blog should be titled "I Love My Kids ..." Well, I changed some things up and posted funny things that were going on in our lives. That was in the time of babysitters, staying up past 10 p.m., having a few beverages now and then, traveling. Now, take a journey with the Time Travelers Wife and fast forward to tantrums from Baxter, some defiance from Lillee Grace, some screaming from Ben. Really, it is not that bad but sometimes it is just easier to stay home and document the goings on of our little home.
We have just settled into a rhythm here and it is nothing short of NOT A SCHEDULE. That's absolutely fine but I've found it quite hard to get to where we are. Baxter has put up quite the fuss a few days. That has made things very difficult and I will say I've looked for my resume probably 1/2 dozen times. I do look at these days and they are so limited. Ben is already so big and I know that when Bax goes to PreK next year (crossing fingers everyone) that I really am going to miss him so much. Just that month in August before Ben was born Bax and I would take naps every day when he got home from school. That was so nice. Lillee really has been growing up before our eyes also. I think she is so big and helpful and then I turn around and she's grown. She's loving kindergarten!
Back to my mojo - there's no funny business. I mean if you call Lillee seeing the Broadcast Television Test with the eight vertical colors on the screen and beeping sound the opportune time to teach Baxter his colors funny, then I guess there's humor to be had! Or if you call the ox in my car on the stick that sits in the passenger seat funny, there you go.

Yes, strange things happen to our Griswold-like family. They are strange, wild, funny things. But right now, I'm clinging on to our sweet family, I'm cooking, I'm organizing, I'm trying to find our balance and teach these children values and discipline. Forgive me if I've lost my mojo for awhile.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I love your blog!

Anonymous said...

You haven't lost anything! In fact, you are the best mom I know, as well as the most fun. You are blessed, recognize you are, and acknowledge the source of your blessings. Love, love mom

Anonymous said...

I don't think it is so much your life that has changed as it is you that has changed. And that is okay, it is just that the funny, witty, zany, slightly daft Jenn is missed sometimes too.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and think that you are just as histerically funny as ever. I am so in awe of those truly spectacular stay-at-home moms like you! You make me laugh whether you are in the room next door or raising your children the way we wish we could. Keep it up! You are loved! Gayle

Sandra said...

Love your blog and it looks just great (not fake:) Have a wonderful week with the kiddos and tell LG to have fun and I'll see her Monday!