February 12, 2010

Snow Storm 2010

You guessed it! School was out again today. With a hint of precipitation in the air, schools immediately closed. Well, the snow didn't start until around lunch time. Valentine's parties were postponed boo hoo. How will Bax ever survive without seeing his one true love on this special day?
Knowing that school was closed last night, Elizabeth ended up spending the night with LG. They got to sleep around 11 I think after watching and dancing to Wizard of Oz. Scott left out around 6 a.m. this morning so we all hung out, finally got dressed and ran to Dunkin Donuts with Niki and Katelin. There were several sweet little couples inside of DD that seemed to be enjoying their lattes and AJC. That was over once we arrived! After consuming and entire day worth of calories, the girls and I came home while Niki went to stock up for the big storm. When she came back to pick them up we peeled them off the ceiling and sent them to her playroom!
This may be a long post but with the girls gone, I thought I'd pick up my camera and document a day in the life... oh, plus a little snow storm.

It started snowing about 1:00. The house was so quiet until....

Ben sensed something was up. I think he wanted a snowcone!
This little angel was very sweet all day today. Busy, but sweet. This was about a 12 minute doze off while watching 101 Dalmations. At one point he was Luke Skywalker and I was Darth Mall. If you are wondering why I was Darth Mall, that would be because I had two swords! I've decided I need to know more about Star Wars I guess if I'm going to have to play it daily.
Then he got up and decided he needed some vitamins. I'm taking it because he has not thrown up all night that there must not have been too many left. Note to Children's Chewable Hannah Montana gummie Vitamins.....3 year old boys CAN open your bottles. Please make more secure.
Then we made some hot chocolate. Nothing says humility to Godiva like pairing it with some Wal-Mart/Ingles marshmallows!
Once there was enough snow to play in a little bit, we sent dad an email to the Fulton Co. jail.
He really enjoyed making it himself.
Oh yeh baby - we made these again. Don't worry. We had a whole list of deliveries to make. We have so many friends with Valentine's birthdays. Isn't that backwards people? Shouldn't you be conceived on Vday? I'm confused? Dropping off goodies around the neighborhood gave us a chance to get out of the house and drive around in the sea of white. Here's my little delivery guy.
One of the highlights of our days is checking the mail. I was so excited to receive another Etsy purchase for the birthday party. However, you can imagine my disappointment to find this....
It's part of my budget plan people. I cannot rightly justify spending money on Britney and Jessica any longer. I can assure you that when I win the lottery and begin subscribing again that Jennifer will still be single, Brad and Angelina's relationship will still be under the microscope, Chris Brown will be in court again, Violet Affleck will be the cutest little girl and baby Suri will continue to be the baby fashionista! Goodbye People. I will miss you. I will see you in Rite-Aid where I will pay full price for you there and nix my entire Dave Ramsey plan completely. Ugh.
We were out on our birthday deliveries to go pick Mary up and what did we see????? Yes, the infamous snow suit with the lift ticket still attached.
Here's our house in the snow. It really was beautiful.

I have always loved this house. It's right down the street from us. Pool??? Not sure?
Here's the old homeplace. Doesn't it look so lonely?It's just waiting on someone to love it.

Scott finally got home after driving in the slush. I handed the baby over and we all bundled up and headed out. My darling muddy snow angels.
There are times, really there are, when they truly love each other. It was fun to run up and down the street with no traffic. I think anytime it snows people get nervous about the hill. Bax and I quite enjoyed going up and down! We were monster trucks. I think he senses we have 4 wheel drive.
Our pitiful snowman named Octimus Prime. Octimus was about 4 feet tall until some little 4 foot tall person knocked him down and ate one of our candy cane ears.

Thanks to Daddy who came out and took our pic. He didn't get a lot of snow time because he was hanging with Ben but we had a very fun time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had lots of fun! It was a great day, even though the snow didn't start until afternoon.

Sarah said...

So sad I wasn't on your delivery list. I don't have a Valentines bday but you know how much I love those cookies. Maybe next time???