April 24, 2011

Spring Break












My Easter pledge is to figure out this iPhoto thing? It is such a task to put photos on my blog. I've spent hours trying to figure it out? I've even googled phrases such as "how to import pics" and "importing from iPhoto to Blogger" but have not figured it out? I keep looking at these pics in tiny form or count how many from the bottom of the screen? I'm not kidding.
Any matter, we've been on Spring Break this week. Initially, I was going to take the kids to my parents for a "few" days by myself. Then, Scott decided he would go with us and work and make a prison visit on Thursday in Savannah.
Tuesday we went to Jekyll and played putt-putt. Then we headed to the beach and enjoyed a delicious picnic with Nana! That was definitely her favorite part of the trip! We also went to grandma's and had dinner with her and let the kids take a bath, I mean swim, in her tub!
Wednesday my mom had to work for a few hours so my dad, Scott and I took the kids to the Altamaha River. We had so much fun. The kids tried to catch minnows and enjoyed the water so much. The river was really pretty and very high. Wednesday night we met some great friends for dinner at Mullet Bay. I think we picked the right place to eat with 5 kids! Everyone was great so we went to the playground afterwards. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pics with our friends Cohen and Carter. We were having too much fun!
Thursday Lillee, Bax and I met up with several friends from Griffin and played on the beach all day. We did run down to the pier and eat at Sandcastle. Of course afterwards we had to peruse several shops! The kids were all too happy to walk along and windowshop after a treat at Zuzu's! We had a fabulous day. Wow - Bax and I were so pooped after all of the sun that we made a pit stop by Target then went straight home to bed. Lillee ended up spending the night with her friends on SSI and having a terrific time.

We had a fun week. Now we're on the countdown - 4 weeks til school is out! I cannot believe it. More importantly, I cannot believe I'm about to have a 2nd grader and a Kindergarten student! Wow! We'll be busy bees but I'm going to still vow to figure these pics out so that I can post more frequently... and develop these pics to albums so I can start fresh in the summer. Any suggestions welcome...pllleeeaassse!

No comments: