April 9, 2007

Easter Sunday






















Easter started out with Lillee Grace and Baxter waking up to find their Easter bunny surprises. While LG spread her loot all over the kitchen floor, Baxter had other plans. While unattended for 4 1/2 minutes he managed to get LG's paint from one end of the room to the other. Scott commented about how much she would enjoy getting a bunny and I commented back that he must need meds like me. Thank goodness the dear old bunny found a pair of pj's for her because if the pink nylon contraption does not get lost very soon, I'm afraid her future may include a life of crime. Scott and Lillee Grace left for church and I was sad we were not able to go. Unfortunately, Baxter had a fever so I stayed home with him to give him yet another bath and clean rugs and items destroyed by paint. It's a good thing because our home was burglarized by our neighbor Isabel trying to retrieve her vacuum cleaner I borrowed the day before. If you did not know our family, I swear you'd think we were the Clampetts. Bax and I donned our Easter garb anyways and headed to lunch. Scott taught LG how to sing, "Meet me at the Club ... it's going down" so she sang this throughout our lunch at the country club. Lucky for us an Easter miracle happened and our children were perfect at lunch thanks to lots of peeps and one wal-mart lion. I think the peeps were for table decorations but hey, whatever works. If only they had a booth for us to sit in so we could hem them up. After an afternoon of egg hunting at the neighbor's, we settled in for an afternoon of napping. Knock at the door - Scott's parents and his brother came by for a visit. It was quite pleasant considering we haven't seen them since Baxter was oh, 6 hours old. Another Easter miracle.



***footnote: Marty, please comment! I am so sorry I have neglected to post our fun pizza supper on the blog. However, I appreciate your brutal honesty and your faithful reading!!!

9 comments:

vikibozeman said...

Hay,
Nick and Zack can teach LG the rest of the song,if you'd like......in the club....goin' down.... along with the 'noises' that go with it! What a great song hhehehehehehe. Love the picture.
I did miss seeing you at church....you would have laughed...part of my skirt was caught in my sweater at the beginning of the service and I was ON STAGE....yep...it is true. Band was in hysterics.... Again, I can't believe you got me hooked on this blogging thingy.
Luv you
vikib

Anonymous said...

Here's your comment...it sounds a little desperate when you have to beg for comments, though! :) I'm glad y'all had a fun spring break and a good Easter. I really do enjoy reading about the Key family goings-on. Viki, I missed the skirt incident Sunday. You'll have to reenact it for me! Have a great week.

The Danielly's said...

What a sweet family! You all looked great for Easter. Keep up the good work. I love to read your blogs. I feel very at home!
Donna

The Danielly's said...

What a sweet family! You all looked great for Easter. Keep up the good work. I love to read your blogs. I feel very at home!
Donna

The Danielly's said...

Sorry about the doule post...
Donna

Unknown said...

I love how you have resurrected the blog. Actually, you are almost as good a writer as you are a mom and wife.

Amy and Matt Certain said...

Please delete his comment, ridiculous. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that!!

Ok, I have also "resurrected" my blog, you must read it northern exposure!

What a GREAT photo of you all on Easter at the Country Club. You three look awesome!!

vikibozeman said...

Okay Marty,
No replay of the skirt action on Sunday. You missed a great show...haha. At least I didn't scare everyone off the stage. Where is your blog??? Come on , Marty, get with it!!!
vb

Megan Potter said...

not familiar with the club song, i need a performance of it