April 16, 2007

Testing...

This week we start CRCT testing. This can be a stressful time for teachers - if we allow it! After our Pep Rally on Friday, my students were extremely excited. My good ole room mom made cupcakes with CRCT written on them. She just doesn't stop with the decorating - very cute. Hopefully, today will be the beginning of a calm and peaceful week. We're doing breakfast and snack for Tues, Wed and Thurs and I promised a pancake breakfast on Friday. What was I thinking? Any incentive to focus I'll try!
Lillee Grace had a friend over this weekend to play. It's hard to believe she can have someone over and they play together without much supervision. We took them to lunch on Saturday and Scott and I both decided tres children would not be gracing the Key home anytime EVER! Baxter usually hangs out pretty well but with his ear infection and being held around the clock, he's been extremely clingy lately. Hard to put him down.

The house was shown yesterday afternoon, or so we think. The cleaning crew has not been in two weeks (don't get me started) so Scott found the mop bucket and I ran over to the neighbor's house to borrow her vacuum cleaner. We made Lillee Grace sleep on top of the covers which really made her Sunday afternoon nap confusing. I scrapbooked for two hours which really made me remember how much I enjoy it. Just haven't done it in so long and I'm so behind it's hard to know where to start. However, Type A now has all pictures arranged and filed accordingly and ready for entries, all the while thinking though about all of the things I could be doing which I must overcome. Question: need a prioritized schedule.

I put Lillee Grace to bed last night and sat down for a minute to watch TV. Little feet came pitter pattering in the den and crawled up in the chair with me. Scott was taking a glass or something to the kitchen and she looked and me and said, "Sometimes you like to watch TV while daddy cleans." I'm thinking she was sleep-walking.

1 comment:

vikibozeman said...

You are NOT cooking breakfast........are you???? Oh my gosh. You are goin' down...in the club....I mean ...in the school....goin down...
Stop it....
Cooking? I don't cook at home, why in the world would I want to do that at school....haha.
I am impressed that you found some time to chill for a little while.
Two babies and a hubby make for a tight schedule. I remember well.
Just jk about the breakfast. You are phenomenal (can't spell and don't have time to look it up, sorry) !!!!!
We'll all do fine. Just think of all the extensions we can do AFTER that blasted test.
Btw, I am working on Ken's blog . IT is in the drafting stages. I know that once it is on, he'll make me take it off.....oh flubber bubber and "shoot a monkey"!
Luv ya
vb