April 7, 2007

Spring Break '07 - SPF 45
























This spring break was nothing like a MTV special but it was a lot of fun! With the wedding behind us, Bethany and I headed down to the coast sans Scott. We stopped off first at my Grandmother's house to color eggs. Lillee Grace and Bethany enjoyed this and LG even hid the eggs for herself. Bethany found several interesting hiding spots. Monday we were off to the beach with Baxter in tow. He enjoyed himself and crawled right to the water without stopping. This was the first time we'd been that he truly got down and dirty! LG and Bethany built sandcastles all day and after naptime, my dad and I took them to the playground on Jekyll. That's one thing about Jekyll, all young tourists think it's the "Cocoon Island" but really it's not. The beaches are larger and the sand is prettier but Tuesday we decided to crowd in with every Tom, Dick and Harry on St. Simons beach. We hung out with Becky at her condo and got in the pool. Ran into a friend from Griffin at the pool. Only in Georgia! The girls had a fun time and we stopped by for a frozen yogurt treat after that. Bethany is allergic to seafood so we had to stick to places that served a variety but Spanky's has the best shrimp quesadillas in town! Our last night I drove my grandmother back to her little "community" and met Melissa for some TJ Maxx time and a beverage. Lots of sun but even more sunscreen so everyone came home burn-free. One thing about staying with my parents: nothing like a free Spring Break!

1 comment:

vikibozeman said...

This is very funny and VERY sweet. I also love Jekyll and St. Simons. No greater way to spend the holidays......family and beach!
Love the pictures and the stories.
What a writer.
I think I do remember the lunches well with the 4 yr. old and the 2 yr. old in tow. *(Snicker). See mine are 16 and almost 14 and I survived.....so far anyway.
Luv
vikib