August 25, 2007

Reliving the days of past...

for all of you waiting for house pics, here's a sneak peak. will get more when i figure out the camera/computer combo... having some difficulty with toshiba battery life.





The birthday girl had lots of fun!!! Matt, Rebecca, Tracy, Key family, Stacy and Robbie(the Georgia College crew)

Thursday night my mother came to town to keep the kids during the busy weekend. Thursday night we had parent orientation at Lillee Grace and Baxter's school. Like we hadn't heard for the past two years not to block the carpool line and if someone doesn't feel comfortable pulling up 15 feet to buckle their child, please be patient. When i hear this, I want to stand up and scream, "Why must I hear this? I work FULL-TIME and will never be dropping off!" Perhaps I should notify the al-quieda cell cab driver we support to make sure he follows drop-off procedures.

After the preschool orientation Niki and I headed over to yet another pampered chef party. By this point, I had seen the inside of my house on Thursday for a total of 30 mins. It was nearing 10:00, my favorite show of all time was coming on, the Vodka and gingerale was not my cup of "tea" and I was beginning to whine. Is it just me or is there a Tupperware/Pampered Chef/Kelly's Kids/Southern Living/Pearl Party (a nice deterrence)... every other week. Can we not all just get together and have the beverages flowing because isn't this what all the parties are about? This concludes Thursday.

Friday afternoon after fighting with to the vultures at the furniture store, Scott and I left to head over to Monroe to Carrie's house for her birthday party. It was a lot of fun. Maggie, my college roommate was there. Rebecca came from Augusta and Stacy from Commerce. It was a fun reunion with Tracy and Robbie, Dawn and Matt. Will spare you the details and say there was a bit of drama with a few party-goers that provided much entertainment and conversation for months to come. Scott and I slept on a king-size air mattress in the living room floor. The bad part of "king-size" is the fact there were two twins and I basically was in the crack all night trying to get warm. Coupled with the smell of cigarettes and cigar oozing out of my hair. Thank goodness that habit is gone for me. It looks so fun on my favorite show - but ugh - the aftersmell.

On our way back from Monroe, we stopped in McDonough at a birthday party. Niki and Jim took LG for us so we met them there. It's hard to be chipper at a 3-year-old party after getting three hours of sleep. Must of been a theme going on...
Been hanging out with Dennis this afternoon. Baxter sat on the lawn mower for oh, a few hours while LG did nose dives into the redneck riviera.

No comments: