April 11, 2010

7 months

Here's our giant baby! This little dude really has a personality now! There are just so many times no one can quite figure it out?
  • weight = 21 lbs.
  • teeth = 2 small bottom ones....more on that dreaded topic later
  • sleep = doesn't well....goes down (not peacefully) around 7:30, needs a 6 oz. bottle at 2 a.m. ( I know I know it could be avoided by one night of crying it out), wakes back up for a little interruption around 5 a.m. (that one really ticks me off considering I think that is my REM sleep) then again for that 7-7:30 bottle. ugh - just can't figure the booger out
  • food = likes it ok but LOVES the bottle. 2 jars a day - sometimes 3. likes everything - not picky. peaches kind of twang him a bit at the beginning, but then devours them! We have been working on puffs - is tolerating
  • very big temper, very impatient when it is time for something, NOT very tolerable of things he does not like
  • LOVE LOVE LOVES his big brother and big sister. Most of the time when they come in he lights up and has the biggest grin. That makes my heart melt.
  • likes the stroller most of the time, tolerates the Baby Bjorn, can live with the exersaucer, capital H1N1's the Johnny Jump Up, arches his back and kicks himself out of the Bumbo, most of the time he won't let us hold him because he wants down on the floor! I'm telling you a complicated creature.
  • Maybe I should not write this on a public blog but our arsenal for teething includes Tylenol/Motrin, Orajel swabs (doesn't touch the pain), some kind of organic teething tablets you crush/dissolve/rub on gums (a bit too much work for me) a dish towel wet and placed in freezer (doesn't care about that long enough for it to take affect) and a good dose of Southern Comfort which we keep in a Dixie Cup for emergencies! I'm telling you Lillee never had teething issues(or maybe she did and I've blocked those memories) and Baxter only DROOLED all over everything but this child really is not doing well with the little teef. So, we're trying all we know.
  • He's finally sitting up. There are still those times when we think he's got it down and we hear a big thud. I think he's reaching those little hands out to start the crawling process! He does seem much happier being able to sit up and watch the world! Definitely not able to leave him on the bed anymore! He's a rolling machine.
  • We haven't switched the car seats out yet - I'm sure that's a post in itself trying to change around carseats!!!!
  • An extremely sweet baby with a smile for most everyone when he sees them. Growing too fast. I can't believe that one month ago he looked like this
Very interested in the world
Look dad, I'm Republican! Haha - Scotty noticed this outfit right away! I guess I need to find a onesie with a donkey???? Ok, not really.
These pictures are getting harder to take!

No comments: