July 26, 2011

Guess Who's Back and My Pedes

Seven days and six long nights are how long we spent without this sweet girl. We pulled up to Camp Chattooga at 9 a.m. to find a sea of trunks, pillows and waiting girls and boys. She had the best time. I tried to figure out if she ever got a little homesick but she said the only time she cried was when she did a belly flop off of The Blob! I'd probably cry too! She did share about her chores, quiet time, making her bed, devotions at night, songs before meals, Minihaha waterfall and sweet new friends that she made. It sounds like the 13 girls in her cabin became very close.
My mom and dad came to keep the boys so that Scott and I could leave early to get up there. We were all ready for her to be back home. I couldn't miss her too much because during the week she was gone she was in the newspaper not once, but twice. We couldn't be prouder.
In other foot-related news, I am officially gimped up. Apparently when I started running in January the stress on the tendon on the bottom of my foot was too great - no comments please! I urged Scott to go with me so that he would know my whining and complaining was real! I think he felt sad when he saw my poor Trekky toes in these X-Rays! Somehow because my toes were going numb I was favoring the inside of my foot, hence the torn tendon?
Now I'm in this Aircast looking like Robocop. Neighbors joke I'll be kicking field goals in the fall! The boot really does feel great. It's tight on my foot and keeps it stable. Going back to doctor in three weeks. Am thinking I'll be 100% healed!

No comments: