July 18, 2011

Mountain Adventures: Part 2

Our cabin could not have been more perfect. I think there were 8 beds. Those were much needed for this family who likes to play musical beds at night. There was also a crib. A crib that was untouched the entire week. Scott found it through Georgia Mountain Rentals. It was a quiet community with a pool we could use. The loft upstairs was great for Scott's early morning work as well as a makeshift futon for Lillee and her bag of goodies!
The first day we went to Moccasin Creek State Park. I packed a picnic so we had a great time. Lillee made the comment that if Nana was on the picnic we'd have a cake and real plates! Yikes - I'd better work on that! This campground was on Lake Burton. Absolutely beautiful views. We did see the tornado devastation on the lake.
This was our post-tubing picture! I'll let the look on Ben's face tell the story. Let's just say that he rode on top of me on top of the tube, with a mildewed life jacket, without a paci, with a loud scream, with an even louder scream when we hit rough waters, with a petrified, life or death scream when we flipped over backwards! Ha! Not such a fun trip for mom and Ben. However, Lillee and Baxter tied their tubes together and had a blast. Lillee would get up on her knees when they approached fast water! They had a fun time. Priceless, as it just about was!
These were not peaches from the mountains but from Griffin's own Piggly Wiggly. They were super yummy though and I'm still not sure how many Baxter and I consumed! Mmmm.
Speaking of food, I brought the starter for our bread. I packed the dry ingredients and the loaf pans. It was like packing for another child!
I considered bringing a bowl with me to mix it up in. You can imagine my relief when I found a bowl exactly like mine! I would think that it was meant to be to bake bread in the mountains but I think the altitude thought otherwise. It was a little flat?
However, these peach preserves from Betty's Country Store really helped the flat part taste perfect.
We spent a lot of quality family time out on the Innsbruck Golf Course.
This green was in our backyard. A fun hole!
Babyland General has moved since we were last there in 2006. It was a great facility and the staff was very friendly even though the dolls were a little eery.
Ben decided his mid day nap was in order!
We paid our $4 parking and walked through downtown Helen in 99 degree weather! When we told Bax and Lills we were going to Hansel and Gretel they were a little anxious. Baxter can't even listen to me read the story without crawling under the covers! They were pleasantly surprised to see this yummy candy shop. It was interesting to find out the owner wrote the book Candy Making for Dummies.
In the afternoons Baxter and Lillee enjoyed lining up Ben's activities! Grouped by category nonetheless.
While they sorted, he hid from us
and glared at us.
Baxter thoroughly enjoyed the spa tub.
We ate breakfast at The Dillard House. It was delicious but a little overwhelming! Lots and lots and lots of food.
While we were there Lillee and I checked into horseback riding. We rode through the Tennessee River. I was a little anxious when we went into the river and the water soaked my shoes! We had a great time. It was nice bonding for the two of us.
Scott did some bonding of his own with the boys. They rode all over the golf course. Ben loved it! We really needed this cart to get back to Griffin when we packed my car up and it wouldn't crank! Leave it to the Clampetts to need assistance! An extremely kind man from the rental company came and pulled his truck off the side of the driveway to jump us off. Thank goodness we made it home!

No comments: