November 9, 2011

Camping, Horses and Apples

Warning! All of these pics were taken with my iPhone so if you're looking for clear pics, this would be a bad post for that. Piper clearly misses his family in the above picture. It's obvious he has no home training.
My parents have been camping a lot lately so when Scott and Baxter headed up to Sucches, GA with some friends to camp Lillee, Ben and I drove 20 minutes over to High Falls Campground. Thank goodness for camper bathrooms, TV, electricity and s'mores. I don't think the boys had those amenities.
Games of Scrabble, hot chocolate, good friends to spend time with and mean games of Rummy and Go Fish were played.
Listening to spooky stories about Wandering Mary. Thanks so much Nana!
The boy's first camping expedition was to Sucches, GA. Mr. Doug and his wife were the kind hosts and Baxter had an absolute blast! Sounds like it was pretty primitive camping and apparently Scott wishes he had something called a Bivvy sack? I think it was 26 degrees when he and Bax appeared from their sleeping bag they ended up sharing. Brrrr.
Here these two sweet friends are at Knoxie's 5th birthday party. I think Ben would have rode bareback down the street on this horse alone. Fearless.
Lillee participated in Literacy Days at her school. She memorized a very long poem. It took a while to get it and even a longer while for us to get the motions down but she did an awesome job and I enjoyed getting to watch her.
We just headed up to North Georgia this past weekend for Scott's annual GACDL conference at Brasstown. What a beautiful weekend it was. Unfortunately, Lillee stayed behind for Nutcracker. She's a dedicated dancer I'd say. Thanks to our dear friends who watched out for her! We'll need you again soon I'm sure.
We made a quick stop at Mercier Orchards for some yummy pink ladies! We were having a fun time browsing until we saw this hooded wonder running like the wind to the back of the store! It was a short stop.
A few pics from the conference. After seeing this picture Monica thought she looked like Lady Gaga and I looked like Laura Ingalls. Maybe my wardrobe/hair/makeup could use some sprucing up!
It was a fun conference and since my parents were camping at Track Rock about 15 mins away the boys were able to spend the night with them. Scott and I enjoyed watching the LSU/AL game with my dad by a roaring fire.
Just a pic of daily life around here. Nothing surprises me with this one anymore.
A pic I was most proud of but forgot to include in the Halloween post. I made almost 100 of these little boogers. A quick and simple tutorial found here.

No comments: