November 23, 2011

I'm "BACK"

Here's what life has looked like at our house recently. Nana was here for a little over a week and was such a big help. What would we do without her. Ben's world has been turned upside down! In a good way!
No, I did not cut up Scott and put him in the food processor. This was my attempt at this yummy cranberry sauce mold recipe. I think my plastic has failed me.

There's been a slight lull in the blog. Since my last post I've had a little procedure on my back. Ok, maybe it was back surgery called a discectomy but I've bounced right back and am feeling great. I'll have to say the surgery itself was EXTREMELY scary! However, I made it through and am vertical again and feeling better. I haven't been able to drive so that's been stinky and I haven't been able to pick up Ben so that's been more than stinky. He's been a good sport though because Nana has been here. He is Nana's best friend. He wakes up screaming for her, leaves perfectly to go somewhere with her (waves his hand up and yells "BYE" to us) and doesn't ever like to be too far from her leg. It's a sweet relationship but I'm ready to get back to normal. Whatever that is.
There has been so much food in this house. Our friends were bringing different YUMMY dishes every night. We are so very blessed. There was lots of Mill Towne, lasagna, apple pie, spinach ravioli, sloppy joes, turkey/cheese biscuit sandwiches, chicken tortilla soup, pizza, spaghetti bake, a turkey, too many to name. And I've gathered you don't have to birth a child in order to get yummy goodness. KIDDING! All of that was great but I'd still go with NO SURGERY over the food. I'm especially grateful for those people this Thanksgiving that have prayed, cooked, ordered, visited, kept my kiddos and sent notes and cards. It means so much. Publix could've made their Thanksgiving commercial here with all of the love that's been in and out of this house.
Beautiful flowers from Scott and some from my sweet friend.
Now we're gearing up for a short trip down to Brunswick and we'll return just in time for Lills to be back in action for Nutcracker. It is an extremely short trip but I have to get out of these four walls. I'll just be a passenger. Rehearsals rehearsals! They've been long but fun!
Do you:
1. Have on a hat?
2. Have on gloves?
3. Have on black shoes?
4. Have on a smile?
A preview of some yumminess in their Christmas pi's.

No comments: