March 28, 2010

We decided to go down to my parents for the weekend since Scott had to go to Springfield on Friday. I don't think he minded working Friday since he got to tell people he was going to that Effingham County. It's the small things right? Friday the kids, my mom and I had lunch with grandma and hung out with her for awhile. Then we ventured out to the oh so exciting Glynn Place Mall. Wow - what a mall. Ha. I took back some shoes I ordered and then tried to take something else back to the Gap. No such luck. Gap was gone. So sad for the stink. Then we ran over to Michael's where I got 15 clay pots for a little project I will post soon.

When Scott got back we left nana and papa standing on the porch screaming, "Don't leave us with the babies." Laying rubber we headed out to......
with some great friends we only see about once a year. They have a 19 month old and are expecting. It's so much fun to visit with friends and share crazy stories. We are promising to get together with kids soon. Soon. We'll keep saying that! I had a yummy pineapple and shrimp taco and Scott had some salmon tacos. Delish.



Early Saturday morning Scott, Lillee and my dad headed out to some yard sales. They didn't find anything so my mom and dad took LG and Bax to Hoboken, GA to the BIG Z WAREHOUSE SALE. I mean this was a yard sale complete with pony rides and a big slide. Each kid had $5. LG got a telescope and Bax came home with some Incredibles McDonald's toys and a .50 Spiderman sweatshirt. They ate funnel cakes and boiled peanuts - what could be better? Time spent = priceless. Poppy got to drive his red car so they had an awesome time. I'm sure there were lots of characters such as this dude at the Big Z! My mom got a bed! $10. Oh, the treasures.

Scott and I went into town with Ben and had lunch at Spanky's. Yes, we go there every time we are in town. We joked over shrimp salad and shrimp quesadillas that Spanky's in Brunswick is like J Henry's in Griffin. Good, reliable, will see at least 15 people you know! We hit TJ Maxx and Books-A-Million looking for some Easter Bunny treats.


They got home and rode bikes forever. Nana found LG a new bike at last week's yard sale "Peaches to the Beaches" so she and Bax both have a bike there. I can't count how many miles they have been on those bikes this past weekend. I think they just enjoy the flat land!
Everyone had a quick nap and we took off to the movies to see Alice in Wonderland. Lillee and Nana had already seen it in 3D but she was eager to see it again. It was......interesting. A fun family outing and it gave nana and papa some quiet time with Ben. The picture above is Ben sleeping in the swing on the back porch with my mom rocking him. I think he enjoyed himself!

No comments: