March 20, 2007

For the Luck of Nascar







I had to share these pics - especially the one of Baxter's crocs. My parents got him those for his birthday and he loves them. There's nothing cuter than a man in his crocs. The other pics are of our action-packed St. Patrick's Day race weekend. After shopping in Macon with my mom and the kids on Saturday, Scott and I headed over to Stanley manor for an Irish jig or two. It was a great mix of people and we really enjoyed ourselves. I hope Niki will forgive me soon but I really thought the rule was to be fashionably late? Still trying to figure out why Jimmy Buffet was playing and the invitation said "no snakes."


Bright and early Sunday morning we were off to the races. That's right, my dad, Scott and I put our #3 flag on the sedan and got in the spirit. I know it may be a little cras (sp.?) but I had to get the plumber's crack - this man was inviting himself to be snapped by the kodak! Little did I know that Scott and my dad actually go to watch the race. This was the first race that I haven't been
either birthing a child or attached to them with

a Medela breast
pump. The other
races I've been to
we have sat on top of the camper in the infield and let me tell you it's an experience. You are more cultured after leaving there than
you'd think. So, as we sat in our "great seats" at the start/finish
line and my dad and Scott sat hooked up to their Nextel scanners, I caught up on the celebrity gossip and read my People magazine. I did buy one collectible I must say I'm proud of: a t-shirt that says "Drive it like you stole it." If I go to another one, it's a must wear with a pair of Bongos!

2 comments:

Amy and Matt Certain said...

What great pictures. I love the green shirt you wore for the Stanley Manor party. Mr. Jim & Niki have a lovely home! However, having him front & center is kind of scary in the photo opp, but we all know how eager he is to be in front of the lens. Don't forget to bring your camera on Monday night for a little pizza time. And quarters for LGK. Can I please tell you that Bax looks exactly like her? I had to do a double take on that pic with the crocs. What a dollbaby! He is looking more grown up lately. I think the young Griffinites are very fun, fashionable, and btw, it's a little rude to be over an hour late. The proper rule is to arrive 35-45 minutes after the horn blows for the start of a party. Or after the cannon blows, whatever the saying is! It smells like toast in the office, and I love that smell. Darn those carbs!!
One more thing.....I can't tell which gent is older in that picture at the races? Love it.

Unknown said...

You really can't be too late for a party at the Mayfields. Besides, J. Henry's had a special on red snapper. It was good to combine an intimated dinner with a few friends with the off the chain
Bacchanal at the Stanley hizzie.

We look like a bunch of nordic white white people; except for Jenn who is starting up with the dark look so early in the year. All those tokens in the tanning bed the last two weeks have really been good for the skin.