March 4, 2007

Putting up my slingbacks for good!






Sweet Paula (my new mentor) and Lelia (TOTY)


Longtime friend, Amy - thanks for visiting.










Like mother like daughter! The girl of the night!!! My other Amy
and mother of my new princess!











The three FUN sisters: Marla, Amy & Melanie








Since it's been awhile from my last post, there's lots to discuss. First and foremost, the greatest occurrence that happened was last week when the monsoon hit Griffin. The rain would not stop. It was 2:30 a.m. and I awoke to the sound of pouring water. I sat up in bed preparing myself to get buckets and call 1-800-plumber. Then I heard the toilet flush and the sound of little feet pitter patting back to her bedroom. It literally brought tears to my eyes. I couldn't believe my little girl had gotten up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. What a moment! So the other times this week that she's been not so angelic, I try to think back and how big she's getting.

On to Friday night and the bachelorette party of the year. At least it's the only party I"ll be attending for the entire '07 year. Can't take another one. Actually, it was pretty tame. We (5 in our van and 5 in another) went to Virginia Highlands to Atkins Park Restaraunt and Tavern. It is definitely a **** recommendation! Take the kids too! We were seated upstairs and for awhile were the only party up there. One of the bachelorette's friends brought a "challenge" book. I won't go into detail about those except to say everything was legal! We'll just leave it as what happens in the mini-van stays in the mini-van. All parties involved signed disclaimers. Right guys??? One of the highlights of the night was seeing my VBFF Amy Certain. We grew up together and graduated from Glynn Academy together and she was even my maid of honor ALMOST in my first wedding. Now that we're both living in the Atlanta area we never see each other. even though she's a constant figure at Scott's Christmas parties. It was great seeing her and a fun time was had by all. Shout out to Scott: thanks for keeping the children. What a dad.

Recuperating on Saturday took awhile so Scott took LIllee Grace to a birthday party while Baxter and I took a much needed siesta. She overcame her OCD fears and went down the superslide like a maniac. Sorry I missed it. Then it was time to get ready to go at it again as we piled in the party Econoline Van with five other couples to St. George's Get-Away-Gig. We did win a trip to Amelia Island so Sarah, I guess the Cheeca Lodge is out of the question now. We turned in early and missed out on the late night band playing.

So Sunday truly has been a day of rest for our family. After Baxter put a hole through his lip and we got the bleeding to stop, he took a three hour nap. Lillee Grace and I piled up on the couch under her sleeping bag for a nap full of sweat. Something truly is wrong with her excretory glands. Is there such a thing? The king of bloody marys himself made me rub him down with Icy Hot because he and Amy are convinced he has lumbar cancer. This is obviously his excuse to get out of doing more home improvements April has recommended and to sit and watch The Departed while listening to words only men should hear. He claims it's the new Goodfellas.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Best Post Ever, and not just because I was in the first picture. The double meaning of this title could almost be mistaken as a palindrome. Almost. I had a fantastic time meeting all of your friends at the restaurant. Love my presents and you should expect yours in the next few weeks.

Blog on my friend, blog on!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh one more thing. SHAVE.