March 8, 2007

Parenthood

Hopefully, most of the people that are reading this are parents and can relate in some form or fashion.
Tuesday at the Key home:
7:30 - 4:15 WORK

4:15 - 4:25 take Mary home

4:25 - 4:35 LG gets home and discovers she has to use the toilet. Doesn't make it - pee everywhere in bathroom all over her leotard and tights she is supposed to wear to dance in 5 mins. - MAJOR MELTDOWN (takes an extra 2 mins.)

4:35 - doorbell rings - it's my favorite mother of all time - Mrs. Granny bringing LG's birthday present. She lives in Jackson so we don't get to see her often. Adore her and her three children, Abby, Brittany and Kyle.

4:40 - doorbell rings - it's Niki to pick up Lillee Grace for dance. Mind you, I'm still trying to convince her that it's ok to wear the black leotard because now the fuschia one is wet. Yes, you have to wear new tights too.

5:30 - granny says goodbye and gets to see her son come home. Truly a great visit - can't wait til she comes back to sit on the porch in the summer with Abbs babysitting.

6:15 - LG comes home from dance. I put her sweater on and we rush out the door to PTO.

6:30 - 7:00 - PTO - Lillee Grace and I find her skull & crossbones soccer ball that went missing from our yard a week ago. Found in the woods behind my school (sketchy huh!)

7:05 - call Scott to ask about supper to hear this: "Ummm honey, remember those southwestern eggrolls you had for supper last night? Well, I heated them up for Bax and he loved them - ate them all up. THen, ummmm, honey, well I stripped him down for the bath and while I was fixing my Makers and Coke he stinkied (those aren't quite the terms he used) all over the kitchen rug. Then, umm he began to play in it so I took him to the tub where he smeared it everywhere in the tub. Don't worry honey, it's all cleaned up - not a trace in the house. I even think it's up to your cleaning standards - NEVER!"

7:12 - run in Eckerd to buy deoderant and come out with Eckerd soft and dry brand and a lollipop for LG. I don't really even know what I was buying from sheer panic and disgust while still listening to the hazardous conditions at my house.

7:15 - J. Henry's to pick up take out. At this point my mind is a blur. I can't even process what I've just heard nor do I want to think of the toxic waste odor that was filling my house. I could envision the ecoli that was going to give me a big kiss on the cheek when I walked through the door.

7:30 - home. While trying to assess the damage, Lillee Grace was screaming for the Strawberry Shortcake episode Scott had TiVo'd. The remote control which is used to babysit and entertain our child for hours would not work. PANIC. Scott came in and saved the day by making the good ol' "All In One" Wal-Mart special do the big remote's job.

7:45 - sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Mexican Eggroll" to Baxter to settle his poor stomach and put him to bed.

8:00- LG in bed.

8:15 - eat tilapia sandwich and turn in for the evening. Put Huggies wipes that were on the stove back in the nursery. Put Chlorox wipes that were on Baxter's bed back in the kitchen. Put rug in dryer. Give kitchen floor one last scrub down. So when Amy asks from now on why we are ordering take-out - please refer back to this blog for any clarifications.

1 comment:

Amy and Matt Certain said...

Ok, fine....I get it now. Your life is busy and full of precious little children! I can't wait to call you for advice one day...hopefully SOON!!!!!!!!