January 30, 2007

A drive by results in a day spent with kids...

Mary's nephew is now deceased due to some type of gang related drive by in Virginia. Once the body got back to Griffin (two weeks ago) the funeral was today. Okay, two weeks is an exaggeration. Since she is never out of work, I obliged her the opportunity to fellowship and attend the procession. I came home at 12:00. Okay, 12:45 because I had a much needed waxing on my eyebrows and lip. This lip requires waxing about every 6 months. It was at that point. Lillee Grace, Baxter and myself went to Lowe's. No wonder home improvement stores are appealing to stay-at-home moms. We saw at least 6 different construction crew builder people!!! I assured all the Carhart wearing men I was just the nanny! We stopped and bought some ribbon so that I may attempt to sew LG some curtains. I did not begin that process today. Instead, I lived it up. I sat in the big chair, ate spaghetti for lunch and watched A Baby Story. I am now recommending water births to all mothers. You can birth a baby in the bathtub while your older child sits eating their Clif Bar, your doula scrubs in and your husband sits knitting a sweater out of organic cotton. It was nice being at home with the corn children today though. Bax still has a yucky cough so we're watching that.
Dropped LG off at dance and got a phone call that my third child was at home with his eyes dilated and couldn't hardly see the numbers on his phone to call. I came home and got the crying infant and belted him in so he could ride with me to stalk the neighborhoods around us to see what types of plants and pots they have outside their homes. Our agent wants us to "spruce" things up a bit. Well, I'm trying to figure out what to get so we've been doing some drive-bys of our own to see what other people are "sprucing" up their porches with. I'd say we better start by removing some of our redneck riviera plastic sandbox and kitchen toys from the yard.
In the car on the way home from dance: "Mommy, let's go get something to eat." "We're going to go home and eat, Lillee Grace." "Hey mommy, how about we go get some mexican." A very adult conversation!
Got the family fed and off I went to Pilates. New question: How is a 8 month pregnant person able to bend herself in positions I couldn't think of doing. We must have done 100 lunges and squats. There's no better way to cap off an evening than with a trip to your local Wal-Mart. Scott usually stays home and keeps a running tally of how many infants are out at 10:00 at night. Stocked up on SuperBowl items.

1 comment:

The Danielly's said...

Aren't Walmart runs the best! Hope ya'll didn't spend to much!