January 14, 2007

January in Georgia


Well, we're all back. I've been gone less than 48 hours, though it seems like much longer. Scott taking the kids to my parent's was very nice but I missed them alot. It really was the first time I'd ever been alone. I take the kids all the time to my parents and leave Scott and we travel together sans kids, but this truly was the first time I'd been alone. Leaving at 5:30 Saturday morning was rough considering I had no sleep Friday night. Lucky for me, Sarah drove so I was able to drift on and off. We arrived at my parents house around 10 a.m. I was so glad to see those munchkins. Scott immediately punched in his time card and clocked out. Of course, as soon as I got there he had to go make some deposits in what he calls "the Scott account." I call it sitting at Books a Million reading the Times, drinking a latte and buying some sunglasses that cost way too much considering he'll lose them in a few months. My mom and I headed to the dance store to rev up Lillee Grace's attire. Who knew buying ballet and tap shoes was such a daunting task? The owner of the store came over for her "fitting" while she tried on probably five or six pairs of shoes. All the while I was thinking, "Don't they sell these things at Wal-Mart?" However, she did love the attention she was getting while twirling all over the store and listening to the precious sound her tap shoes made on the wood floor. After a day of shopping, we headed home for a much needed siesta for the three of us. There's just something about curling up at my parent's house under a quilt made by my great grandmother and feeling the cold tile under your feet knowing it's 75 degrees outside.

I felt much better after the nap! Scott had come home and we decided on going to the playground at the village on St. Simons. Lillee Grace loves this playground and enjoys seeing the ships go by the pier. Baxter really enjoyed the swings. However, our favorite part is the ice cream at Zu Zu's! The black jack there is terrific. It has rootbeer, chocolate syrup and vanilla ice cream. The superman "colorful" ice cream is a favorite of LG's. We headed to the north end of the island to Brogen's North for some outstanding chicken and pineapple pizza. Scott was excited to find out I had purchased Talladega Nights for him that day so he watched that while I turned in early with the kids.


This morning LG went to church with nana and I took yet another morning nap with Baxter. I really love going to my parents to catch up on some sleep. I don't feel anxious about cleaning, washing or any household chore there. Scott, Baxter and I grabbed some food from Spanky's and went to my grandmother's house. Btw, I highly recommed the tuna steak and shrimp quesadillas. My mom, Scott and I took the kids to Jekyll. The tide was coming in and the weather was perfect. Baxter and Lillee Grace thoroughly enjoyed themselves while Scott enjoyed looking like a tourist with the camera. Lucky for me, the Christmas gift he gave me has turned into his new hobby. Maybe we should swap gifts and I could go to the Daytona 500 and he can keep the Canon? After a bath in the laundry sink in my parents garage and a shower for LG, we were on the road again. Both kids and I slept from Brunswick all the way to Metter. We woke up and decided on trusty old McDonald's in Dublin. Scott and I both had the coffee, which I encourage him each road trip to get instead of the $3.50 Starbucks. It was much needed. He did drive the entire trip until we exited off of I-75 where he informed me he wasn't able to see 10-ft. in front of us. So we Chinese redlighted it and were home in 10 minutes. It was a short trip but very restful. Funny how you have to go out of town to get some R&R. Unfortunately, a great American icon died tragically. Fortunately, we all get to sleep late in the morning. RIP dear Martin.

1 comment:

Amy and Matt Certain said...

What beautiful pictures! Your hair looks so good! Love the County of Glynn...sounds like you had so much fun! Glad you made it home safely!