January 28, 2007

Not a typical Key family photo






















Saturday morning while a cleaning crew pressure washed with Chlorox and ridded our home from the germs we had spread all week, we took a trip to Macon. It was a nice change from the Wal-Mart in Griffin. Isn't it funny how a trip somewhere turns into something like a four-tire change and pit stop at a Nascar race. Stopped at a children's shop - Scott sat reading the AJC while I shopped. Then, one child (LG) was added to my side while BSK slept away. Then the whole family shopped in the store together while LG tried on shoes. BSK pooped. Now it's back to just me and LG while Scott changed BSK in car. At Target, Scott drops LG and me off at the front while he and BSK go to Starbuck's and circle the parking lot. So what starts out as a family outing is always chopped up into who's going in where and which child are you taking?
Our last stop, Bass Pro Shops, was quite the experience. To all who are questioning why the Key family would be stopping at a place like this is slowly wearing thin on Scott's nerves. Every time my cell rang yesterday and I told the person we were in Macon to buy camping equipment, they said for whom? Scott believes he's truly been profiled incorrectly. So he doesn't know how to change a lightbulb or airfilter in our house, but he does think he knows which bug repellant works best for the outdoors. Truth be told, Lillee Grace's school is having an auction and her class is in charge of buying camping related items. Hence, the photo shows the family in the middle of the RealTree department. I explained to LG all about the decoys in the ceiling and the different types of ducks and blinds. When I started talking about the waders and calls, Scott felt as though my Jesup roots were really shining through. Time to go. BSK was fascinated with the boats outside so I had to give our family the low-down of the types as well as trolling motors. So I've seen a lot of Hank Parker and Bill Dance in my day - go figure.
Both kids are still really puny. Lillee Grace had two requests for food - ice cream and popcorn. We obliged both requests due to the fact she wouldn't eat anything. Baxter is so snotty but not one bit of his appetite is gone. They are both lying around watching TV. Friday and Saturday there was not much sleeping. A Dora slipper got some poop on it at 1 a.m. Friday night so we were washing clothes in the middle of the night. Sat. night LG coughed so much I gave her cough medicine via an IV drip and we slept in the big chair until 9:30 this a.m. Pretty quiet Sun. Scott represented the fam at church so Bax and I put on our sweats, LG in her dancing dress and we're all just kicking back.
This Sunday's country supper wasn't so country. I fixed the best spaghetti with meatballs you've ever had! Of course, LG had vanilla ice cream from McDonald's served by Tanisha herself. Scott commented about the jazz song "A Night in Tunisia" being a little more upbeat than the way our cup of ice cream was handed over. We drove around for a couple of hours looking at houses. Now, when you ask LG what she wants for her birthday, she will reply, "I need a new house." I think she and BSK watched Hello Kitty 17 times in the backseat. We've really had a battle of wills tonight while trying to drag that dancing dress off of her. She just loves it!

2 comments:

Amy and Matt Certain said...

I am pleased to see that the family spent the weekend together, and you seem to have fared well despite the illnesses you have now spread in Bibb County. I have just a few things to say....first, please shave, Scott. Really. Secondly, Jenn, you are not from Jesup. As much as you wish you could say the birth certificate lists Wayne County General as your birthplace, it's simply not true. Next, LGK is absolutely stunning and quite the dancer. Bax is simply a beautiful little man. I hope to meet him someday. Next, the meatballs look identical to the one in the magazine, and to say I'm impressed is an understatement.

Anonymous said...

LGK looks so cute in that outfit. It reminds me so much of when Bethany was that age. Looks like yall had a weekend full of QFT (Quality Family Time). Ask my mom all about that. That was on of her family meetings she forced on us growing up.

Amy